Kylie Smith, Registered Psychotherapist
MACP, RP, CHRL, B.Comm
Hello, my name is Kylie and I am both humbled and excited that you have found my page. I am truly passionate about the work I do and value the opportunity to join individuals like you, on their own personal journey of growth and discovery.
Whatever unique experience you may be going through, the idea of opening up to a complete stranger about your mental health can seem extremely UNCOMFORTABLE!
My role as a therapist is not to make everything seem bright and shiny, or to “FIX” your problems for you. On the contrary, my role is to actively listen and help you untangle complicated thoughts or feelings, so that YOU can better understand the root of your concerns and regain control of your life. My role is to sit with you even when things feel difficult, dark, or even hopeless. I will work to give you a safe outlet and a confidential, non-judgemental environment for you to express all of the uncomfortable thoughts and feelings that are being held in.
Working with me is an invitation to slow down and invest some time back into yourself. Ultimately, my aim is to collaborate through thoughtful conversation and reflection to provide you with the tools, strategies, and coping skills to manage concerns in a more functional way to live a healthier life.
The Formal Stuff
- Mourning, Grief, and Bereavement Certificate – Georgian College
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Psychology (MACP) – Yorkville University
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm) – McMaster University
Memberships and Credentials
- Registered Psychotherapist – College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) #009407
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) – Evergreen Certifications
- Certified Grief Informed Professional (CGP) – Evergreen Certifications
- General member in good standing – Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP) #6605-G
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) – Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) #670815
I have completed advanced training and posess specialized knowledge in the areas of grief and bereavement as well as perinatal (pregnancy and postpartum) mental health. My interest in these two life areas stem from lived experiences that motivate me to provide adequate support for other individuals, which includes providing psychoeducational resources aimed at improving mental health literacy and reducing stigma around seeking support. Outside of my practice, i also serve as a volunteer with Postpartum Support International (PSI) as an online support group facilitator offering free Perinatal (Pregnancy & Postpartum) Mood Support for Moms.
- Online Support Group Facilitator- Postpartum Support international
- Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training – Postpartum Support international
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care – Postpartum Support international
- Certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisor Training – Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Compassionate Care Workshop – Pregnancy and Infant Loss Network (PAIL)
- Complicated Grief Treatment: A Case-Based Approach – The Center for Complicated Grief at Columbia University School of Social Work
- Essentials of Trauma Treatment – Psychotherapy Networker
- Grief Treatment: Current Evidence Based Approaches to Care Across the lifespan – PESI Healthcare
- Clinical Tools and Techniques for Grief Therapy with Adult Clients – Sick Kids
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals – PESI Healthcare
- Online Motivation Interviewing Certificate – Adler Graduate Professional School
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate – St. John’s Ambulance
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Certification – Living Works Education
- The Working Mind Mental Health Training Certificate – The Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Volunteered as a Crisis Responder – Kids Help Phone (KHP)